ShowMed was established in April 2000 and provides first aid and medical cover to the events industry nationwide. Having its Head Office function in Northampton, it operates from a base in Bury Greater Manchester.
At ShowMed we aim to provide high-quality medical support in a flexible and imaginative way to meet the needs of both event organisers and participants. To this end we will:
- Ensure that medical treatment is immediately available, and is provided to the highest possible standard, in line with current available guidelines for best practice.
- Ensure that our staff are appropriately qualified and receive ongoing development relevant to their individual needs and the specialist requirements of the service.
- Monitor and audit our activity to ensure that we are providing the best possible service, and develop new guidelines and protocols where necessary.
- Respect the confidentiality and autonomy of our patients, and act in their best interests at all times.
- Ensure that our service is readily accessible to all individuals and groups attending events at which we work, and that no patient is disadvantaged due to race, gender, religion, disability or sexual preference.
- Actively seek to develop close working relationships with all statutory and voluntary organisations involved with the provision of an integrated medical and welfare service, including the receiving hospital trusts.
- Where possible deliver a complete package of medical treatment on a event, to minimise the impact of the event on the local healthcare economy. Where ongoing care is required, we will communicate effectively with other healthcare providers to ensure a seamless continuum of care.
- Operate in a way that minimises the risks to the Health, Safety and Welfare of our staff and others who may be affected by their actions and activities
- Respond positively to any complaints or criticisms of our service, and use these to improve the service we offer at future events.